The Shark is a computerized electronic measuring system that relies on ultrasound technology for dramatic productivity improvements and the industry’s best speed and accuracy. The Shark provides “measure-as-you-pull” functionality that virtually eliminates costly rework.
The Shark will enable you to:
- Get accurate measurements the first time, every time.
- Monitor up to 12 live measurement points and see results as you pull.
- Save time and money by avoiding rework and stopping to fix hidden issues.
Click on one of the section titles to learn more about the Shark Frame Measuring System.
Award-Winning Ultrasound Technology
The Shark uses ultrasound technology to collect measurements and track your repairs. Emitters on the probes are attached to the vehicle at specific points and send ultrasonic signals that are received by high-frequency microphones located in the light-weight extruded aluminum beam. The results are compared to manufacturer specs and any problem areas are identified automatically. This leaves the operator free to concentrate on straightening, not on how to collect measurements.
How the Shark Works
- The Shark relies on microphones located in the beam and ultrasound emitter probes placed at pre-defined points on the vehicle
- The beam is made of light-weight aluminum, goes anywhere, and is light enough for one technician to handle
- The Shark does not require a level rack, level car or level beam
- The technician has the option of viewing digital images of each attachment point and following the step-by-step guides for connecting accessories and probes
- The probes can be placed closely together and still maintain accurate readings - a feature not found on competitive systems
- The Shark console provides a live depiction of these control points and their variance from manufacturer specs with vivid, easy-to-read graphics
- During repair, these measurements are displayed as they change, allowing for extremely accurate, "right the first time" pulls and eliminating the back-and-forth process associated with competitive models
- Upper-body and under-hood measurements are obtained with ease using the included accessory, eliminating the need for any mechanical measuring devices or bridges
- An optional, second upper-body measuring accessory further improves job times
- Before and after-repair measurements are captured for reporting purposes
- PDF’s can be saved and e-mailed to the customer’s insurance company
Vehicle Dimension Data
Access out EDATA electronic vehicle dimensional point-to-point specifications of both upperbody and openings.
Increased Profit Potential
Maximize your profit potential by using the Vehicle Pre-Delivery Checklist to offer services beyond collision repair.
Maintain consistency with OEM specs, view Techinical Service Bulletins and access vehicle repair information from OEM’s worldwide via the Shark®.
Customize reports to meet your shop’s and insurance company’ requirements. View and print a quick comparison of the vehicle damage versus its repair, add vehicle damamge pictures and repair notes and build up a damage or repair unit estimate.
Live Measurement Display Options
Live measurements enable real time feedback of your pulls, saving time and putting more money in your pocket. Three available display options of these measurements cover every technician’s preference. The XYZ coordinate option provides easy-to-read distance and direction. Graphical displays of XYZ coordinates and of net pull angles are also available.
Attachment Points View
A technician favorite that improves productivity, view line art or actual vehicle display attachement points while the technician moves through the attachment process. The all-new magnifying glass function allows the technician to zoom in on attachment points for an increased visual interpretation and make informative decision in the repair process.
Point-to-Point Measurements, On-Screen Job Note Pad, Embedded and Context-Sensitive Help Files, Multi-Layered Vehicle Graphics (Allows peeling and see-through functions), and On7-Board Log (Tracks system maintenance, inventory audits)
Upgrade your Shark with the Portable Imaging Technology of the Prism Aligner
- Eliminate the need and extra expense of outsourcing alignment work after repairs - keep the revenue in-house.
- Use one workstation to perform both collision repair and wheel alignment. A major space-saving feature when compared to having two separate workstations.
- User-friendly interface makes every technician an expert with easy-to-use graphics and job aids.
- Works in small areas - perform alignments literally anywhere in your shop.
Shark Wheel Alignment Kit: EEWA557ACRNB
(Does not include Shark Measuring System. Images shown are for promotional purposes only.)